[Talk-GB] Primary Route Network

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Dec 11 11:44:43 GMT 2007

In message <68e55ace0712110316g595d3a3bs52fa08679eff622f at mail.gmail.com>
        Abigail Brady <morwen at evilmagic.org> wrote:

> Right, after explaining that I didn't intend to republish their spreadsheet
> as-is, I have confirmation that it is acceptable for me to use the official
> Primary Route Network list to find errors in OSM. In due course I will make
> some kind of tool to do this.  In the meantime, if you are unsure whether a
> section of road is part of the Primary Route Network (and thus
> highway=trunk) or not (and thus highway=primary), I can do spot-checks.

Is it just me, or is there no logic at all in OPSI's position here?

By the sounds of it, you can use the information but can't show it to
anybody else. So presumably anybody else could ask the DfT for a copy
and then use it themselves.

So everything's hunky dory so long as we all get our own copy rather
than sharing one...

Come to think of it, how about if we make it an official FOIA request
for the information? Could we share it then (given they've agreed we
can derive correctness from it).

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)