[Talk-GB] OS OpenSpace

Ben Ward ben at crouchingbadger.com
Thu Dec 13 11:43:15 GMT 2007

Hi OSMers,

Ed Parsons today posted about OS OpenSpace (http://www.edparsons.com/?p=598)
which is the Ordnance Survey's version of OSM ;-)

As you might imagine the licence/user agreement doesn't let us use the data
to make derivatives without OS retaining a licence, but it's always worth
checking these things.

http://openspace.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/openspace/developeragreement.html<http://openspace.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/openspace/>

4.4 In the event that you or any User creates Derived Data, such Derived
Data shall be owned by us, save that if any Derived Data is created which is
a severable improvement (as defined by Commission Regulation (EC) No
772/2004, known as the Technology Transfer Block Exemption) of the Ordnance
Survey Data then such Derived Data shall be owned by the person or entity
creating the same.

4.5 Pursuant to clause 4.4, in respect of any Derived Data we own, we shall
hereby grant to the creator of the same a perpetual, non-exclusive,
royalty-free, paid up licence, with full rights to sub-license, to use such
Derived Data for the Purpose; and in respect of any Derived Data you or a
User owns, such person or entity shall hereby grant to us a non-exclusive
licence, with full rights to sub-license, to use the Derived Data for any
purpose.

Ben

--
ben at crouchingbadger.com | http://crouchingbadger.com