[Talk-GB] [OSM-talk] "Unsurfaced road" and "Byway"?

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 13:00:20 GMT 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 10:51 AM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> Andy R., Andy A.,

> As for the voting process, I think it has to be taken with a grain of
> salt. Some people are doing a lot of work in that field and we
> shouldn't disregard their work completely - it is ok to have a
> structured process, also makes people think about what they want and
> encourages discussion. But of course it must not claim exclusivity
> (exclusiveness?).

Sorry, I don't want anyone to think I was trying to disregard the
efforts being put in to the proposed features process (and I've
thanked people on these lists in the past for their work in this
area). I think the process should be focussed on the *discussion* of
new tags, not on the voting, and I think it's *a* useful process, so
long as people don't consider it to being the *only* available
process.

>From wiki discussions (amenity vs shop) through rendering-driven
tagging (regional cycle routes)  through one guy heroically and
singlehandedly tagging lumps of carved wood around the countryside
(ncn mileposts) there's different ways ways to do things and different
ways suit different people.

Cheers,
Andy