[Talk-GB] Newbie in Bath

Frank Tompson frankie at tompson.demon.co.uk
Wed Feb 7 14:47:41 GMT 2007

Thanks to Andy for giving me a steer on using my HP ipaq 6915 running
Windows Mobile 5. Having read through the various OSM pages, however, I'm
still struggling and without some more guidance I am not even going to get
off the ground (or should that be on the ground)?

GPSBabel software, which appears to be the essential component of the
process for converting tracks produced on handheld devices to the required
gpx upload format, seems to be geared very much to Garmin and Magellan. The
GPSBabel 'Capabilities' page (http://www.gpsbabel.org/capabilities.html)
lists a variety of programs that it can convert, but does not include
Memory-Map that I have installed on my ipaq 6915.

Could anyone shed any light please? Am I being a bit dim in missing
something very obvious?

Regards,

Frank Tompson
http://www.tompson.demon.co.uk/