[Talk-GB] [OSM-dev] Automating Freemap tile rendering

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Mon Feb 19 22:37:46 GMT 2007

> As for browser compatability: are we building for now or for later?
> PNG transparency works for all the gecko based browsers at least...

PNG transparency doesn't work in IE6, by far the most common browser on the
planet, and when it drops off top spot to be replaced by IE7 (which does
support transparent PNG), it is likely to remain in second place for many
years to come. This very Unix centric community may not like IE, but IE6
just has to work.

David