[Talk-GB] South Hampshire mapping weekend - April 28/29

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Sun Feb 25 10:36:36 GMT 2007

Hello everyone,

Bit of a gap in the mapping weekends after mid March so I think it's high time
the first one of the warmer months of the year was organised.

South Hampshire is one of the better mapped areas of the UK in OSM, but
there's still plenty that could be done and if a good number attend, there is
the possibility of generating some real complete mapping. Indeed, it's quite
feasible that Southampton could be completely mapped (as much of it has been
done already) which would be the first city of 100,000+ to have complete OSM
mapping.

There would be other options too, for example mapping the historic city of
Winchester (little done yet) or filling in street names in Portsmouth, which
is mapped with segments only at the moment.

I'll hopefully try and organise a venue at my place of work (as long as the
costs aren't too high) which could have the advantage of attracting
interested students.

More details later but I'll add a wiki page later on.

Nick