[Talk-GB] A14 primary road

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Thu Jan 4 11:49:05 GMT 2007

That's absoltely the right thing to do - in the UK if it has a green sign,
it should be highway=trunk, otherwise the rendering doesn't correspond with
the on-the-ground perception or any other road map, all of which follow this
coluring convention.

The real definition of 'trunk' is those roads which the Department for
Transport have responsibility for (rather than the local authority), and as
Richard said, this is different. The A33 is indeed primary by that
definition (but the A14 isn't). But that's not helpful, so please, let's
stick to the green sign=trunk, other A road = primary, B numbered road =
secondary (and blue sign = motorway, of course).

David