[Talk-GB] A14 primary road

Thu Jan 4 12:42:47 GMT 2007

David Earl wrote:

> But that's not helpful, so please, let's
> stick to the green sign=trunk, other A road = primary, B numbered road =
> secondary (and blue sign = motorway, of course).

I think "stick to" is the key phrase here - I'm not sure it's been a
universally accepted convention. Certainly I wasn't aware of it.

But this (and Nick's proposal, which is pretty much the same except
for the existence of 'tertiary') seems reasonably sensible to me,
perhaps aided by a few aides-memoires in editors. Especially if we can
get 'trunk' rendered in green and 'primary' in red.

cheers
Richard