[Talk-GB] Fwd: NCN refs - consistency

Dave_A_F d.a_web3 at fiddes.net
Sat Jul 14 18:17:08 BST 2007

I like the ideas Shaun - if there is a worldwide tag cycle_route its much
better than using ncn_ref even if we have a little rework..

Just a couple of points

The ref should not be just a number - numbers on the rendered map can easily
be confused - much better N1 or NR1 though I prefer the former.
I would suggest that using just a number is a bit like relying on the route
being rendered as red of green to know that 1 meant A1 etc.

The other point I would make is that URLs are not really constant -
webmasters tend to shift stuff more often than they change their socks so I
fear that your new tag would soon hold obsolete informatiuon.

Anyway thats my twopenceworth

Dave

p.s. I do hope I have doen this rigth as its first attempt to post
anything - Old dog - new trick etc!