[Talk-GB] Future UK mapping parties

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Mon Jul 16 18:01:39 BST 2007

Hello everyone,

The mapping party list for the UK for the rest of the summer, and indeed
the autumn, is looking a little sparse so I'd like to suggest a few more.
The first two are possibles whilst the third is more definite and I can
probably get a venue through people from work.

* Following a discussion between myself and David Groom, Isle of Wight
Mapping Party II : the Paths, likely to take place September. Like the
Lake District this will be very much an off road event, appealing to
walkers and off road cyclists.

* Isle of Purbeck (near Bournemouth). Hilly area to the south of
Bournemouth with some dramatic coastline, at its best in the summer so I'd
be thinking of August or September. There are some towns so this could be
suitable for all modes of transport.

Please let me know if you're interested in one or both of these.

I'd also like to propose a more definite mapping party for Winchester
(Hampshire). A historic city with lots of nice tree lined streets but a
big blank on the otherwise good OSM coverage of South Hampshire, this
would make a good mapping party for the early autumn when it's still
fairly warm and the trees are starting to turn. There's a good chance I
can get a venue for this through people at work. Will speak to them about
it and try and fix a date.

Nick