[Talk-GB] GPS vs Potlatch

Dave_A_F d.a_web3 at fiddes.net
Thu Jul 19 18:12:36 BST 2007

That seems to sum it up pretty well Dave.

Basicaly if you don't eyeball the place on the ground you are liable to end
up joining the way over the bridge with the one under the bridge.

I am mostly in reasonably open suburbia or country and so GPS works
adequately but a little tweak here and there using  satellite makes it
better.

Its the local knowledge supplemented by visiting taking photos and notes
that will make the map - GPS and sattellite are only a step on the way.

Dave