[Talk-GB] Area Editor

Thom Shannon thom at glow-internet.com
Thu Jul 19 18:27:43 BST 2007

I've just had an idea, don't know if its been thought of before.

As more people are trying to use osm for various things, who are not
mappers themselves, they'll come across problems/mistakes. Maybe we
could have a system where people who are mappers can declare themselves
an editor of a certain area (or many areas). Then the person discovering
the problem can just click a button and write a quick note about what
they discovered, it could be sent to everyone who's expressed an
interest in maintaining that area.

Maybe it should be managed via a bug tracker type system, so one of the
editors can take the task to find out what the problem is and fix it.

I think a lot of people might be intimidated by the complexity of the
full editor, and if they do try to use it they may not do things in the
best way.