[Talk-GB] Southwest UK mapping party

Matthew Newton matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Sat Jul 21 05:44:31 BST 2007

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 09:28:09AM +0100, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> OJW wrote:
> > I'm also "penciling-in" a week of Devon/North Cornwall exploration in the
> > weekend of 31 August - 3rd September
>
> Worth alerting Mike "tracing NPE maps" Calder? He's local:
> http://www.guillemotdesign.org/

In my holiday-mapping of Cornwall a few weeks ago I noticed someone had
been doing a lot of tracing (this was Southern Cornwall Helston/St.Ives/
Land's End). Unfortunately they haven't been taking into account that
many of the larger roads have changed recently. The A30, for instance,
is practically a completely different route.

However, most of the minor roads are still the same. Something for
NPE tracers to consider.

I need to work out how to upload all my 1M+ trackpoints, including
the Cornish bits. Grr for web interfaces ;).

--
Matthew