[Talk-GB] Southwest UK mapping party

Gregory Williams gregory.williams at purplegeodesoftware.co.uk
Sun Jul 22 07:32:55 BST 2007

It was me that's been doing lots of tracing in the Southwest. I was just
trying to lay a framework of the roads to help with surveying others
from. I often find it easier to survey areas bounded my a number of
major roads in one go. It gave me something to do whilst the weather was
rubbish and I couldn't get out on my bike to get my own surveys where I
live.

It's quite possible that some of the roads have changed since NPE, but
not being local to the area I don't know that firsthand. Any other
source I might use for the references / class of roads would mean me
breaching copyright.

Someone more knowledgable about the area can relabel, and perhaps refine
my traces with a survey. If the original road now forms more than one
new road then the way can just be split at the appropriate point.

Well done on the 1M+ trackpoints in the Southwest. It'll be great to
have some more surveyed data in the area. BTW, I think there's a batch
upload script available somewhere.

Gregory