[Talk-GB] BBC & Microsoft gig in Ely, Sunday June 9

Laurence Penney lorp at lorp.org
Sat Jun 9 22:17:51 BST 2007

I thought OSM GB people might be interested in this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/britain/photocollection/index.shtml
http://www.bbc.co.uk/britain/buses/ely.shtml

The BBC and Microsoft are encouraging people to take lots of photos of
Ely Cathedral, to be CC-licensed and then built into a whizzy
Photosynth set by MS. Sunday's is the first of several similar events
around the country.

Strictly, this is non-geographic since the location of bunch of images
cannot be determined from them alone. The geometry that is determined
is on arbitrary xyz axes, with scale arbitrary too.

I'm interested in the IP aspects of whether MS intend geometries
determined by Photosynth to be freely sharable with others, for use in
other 3D photo viewers.

Anyway, it would be good to meet up with other OSMers in Ely. Mobile
07808 951894. I'll get there around 11.

-- Laurence