[Talk-GB] NPE Tracing Update

Nick Burch openstreetmap at gagravarr.org
Wed Mar 14 10:55:22 GMT 2007

Hi All

Quick update on NPE Maps from an OSM perspective.

Firstly, thanks to the work of Andy and Mike, we have a lot more Scotland
coverage than we used to. We now have most of the north highlands and
islands, the borders, and a fair bit of the lowlands and southern
highlands. Coverage improves most weeks :)

Next, there have been a bunch of improvements to the GPX tracer,
http://gpx.npemap.org.uk/ . On the tracing page, there are now access
keys[1] for all the common tasks. Moving are the usual ones - n/s/e/w,
generate gpx is g, and generate gpx track is t. Hopefully it'll be much
quicker to use now.

On the josm plugin front, we recently discovered that the plugin was
pulling the tiles from dev, not from our tile server, so was out of date.
So, we've loaded the latest tileset onto dev, and put it on the upload
list, so it should now always have the latest tiles. If you can see it on
the npemap site, you can now trace it in josm :)

Finally, do remember:
* only trace things that are still there and haven't moved
* tag your traces with something like source=NPE

Nick

[1] alt+key or control+key, depending on your browser and OS
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Access_keys