[Talk-GB] law in action

Thu Mar 22 14:33:55 GMT 2007

Nick Black wrote:

> Surely Ms Lawrence is disproving her own point here - it being that
> the OS has to be funded because otherwise no-one will map anywhere
> that isn't within 100 meters of a Starbucks and the world will end in
> misery.  If we are going to map Monmouthshire and everywhere else, the
> more poignant question is what is the point in the OS mapping it too?

Yes, I'd agree absolutely. I'm not sure the OS has quite adjusted to
the end of NIMSA.

"The withdrawal of NIMSA will have an impact on the currency and
content of the rural geography in our products. The withdrawal may
also result in the lengthening of rural revision sweep cycles, if we
were to continue with our current programme."

(http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/media/statements/nimsa.html)

Richard