[Talk-GB] Postcodes map

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Wed Mar 28 17:38:42 BST 2007

On 28 Mar 2007, at 17:18, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 05:12:59PM +0100, Dave wrote:
>
>> I've made a slippy map showing postcode areas:
>> http://beerwarmer.randomjunk.co.uk/osm/postcodes/
>
> This is awesome. If you need hosting for this do ask us
> (webmaster at npemap.org.uk) or OSM (on dev.osm?). I'd love to have this
> featured on the NPEmap web site.

Agreed, this is really nice. Do you think you could pull in the OSM
database as an alternative source of postcode data? I'm not sure if
many others are doing it but I've been entering the first half of a
postcode for as many roads as possible so that could really improve
Liverpool's coverage. I notice one area nearby is missing from your
map at the moment as there were no roads there when the NPE map was
made!

John