[Talk-GB] Online POI editor for place mapping party-usabilityenhancements

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Thu May 17 22:11:31 BST 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007 20:52, David Earl wrote:
> I'm finding that it says 'got all nodes' when in fact it hasn't, or at
> least they aren't displayed. I reached an area where I know there is
> existing data and nothing showed up, despite 'got all nodes'. Then I
> shifted the map a tiny amount and they did appear.
>
> David

Hello David (and all),

Most of your suggestions have now been added. In particular, it remembers
'is_in', shows you the coords of the centre of the map and the POI markers
are smaller.

The reason why new nodes do not appear if you move around and you're in a mode
other than "navigate" incidentally is because otherwise a new fetch from the
server is triggered if you click on the map (e.g. to add a new feature or
edit a feature), because a click also causes a mouse up event.

I'll try and find a fix for this, or if anyone else wants to, source (full
source of free-map.org.uk) is at

http://www.free-map.org.uk/downloads/freemap.tar.bz2

Nick