[Talk-GB] Fw: Online POI editor for place mapping party-usabilityenhancements

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Sat May 19 10:28:51 BST 2007

On Friday 18 May 2007 20:49, Barry Crabtree wrote:
> Hi
>
> Just started using the editor to add some points, working pretty well for
> me now, but have one suggestion for improvement & one dumb question!
>
> Can you make the text entry box semi-transparent. Usually it comes up and
> covers up the name of the place I'm about to enter & if the name is a bit
> unusual I have to go back & re-edit it!

David Earl also requested something like this - will try and sort it out.

> Dumb question. How can I get to a particular lat/lon easily without
> dragging from wherever I happen to be put when it starts up?

You can use the search facility to search for places, or add it to the query
string:

http://www.free-map.org.uk/freemap/edit.php?lat=XXX&lon=XXX

Guess I need a lat/lon entry box.

> And a third question - I cant seem to go past 52N 0.92E! Any idea why?
>
> Cheers .Baz

This is because of my assumption that the grid square "TQ" (and others north
of it) were the easternmost grid squares covering the UK. A glance at the map
reveals this not to be the case - the far east projects into the next one
over. This is corrected now.

Nick