[Talk-GB] Fw: Online POI editor for place mappingparty-usabilityenhancements

Shaun McDonald shaunmcdonald131 at gmail.com
Sat May 19 12:46:04 BST 2007

On 19 May 2007, at 11:41, David Earl wrote:

> [..]
>
> I've also added a link to the point of interest editor from the
> name finder
> results at http://www.frankieandshadow.com/osm/ : look for a edit
> (poi) link
> at the end of each search result in the left hand column.

There are a couple of things that I don't like about the name finder:
1. It doesn't remember the base layer that has been used when doing
more searches.
2. When scrolling, I would like to have a Google Video style
scrolling, where the map would stay in the same place, but the search
results would scroll. This should be possible though CSS.
3. Does the is_in tag work recursively? That way I could simply say
is_in=Edinburgh, and it would then automatically get all the is_in
tags from the nearest Edinburgh place. Edinburgh would then get all
the is_in tags from its nearest is_in tags. This would save a lot of
duplication in the database, while easing data entry.

Shaun