[Talk-GB] Fw: Online POI editor for place mappingparty-usabilityenhancements

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Sat May 19 13:39:56 BST 2007

I see the transparent box. Better, but still not ideal. The map scans are
often indistinct - I'm having a hard time reading some of the unfamilar
Welsh place names (is it 'm'or 'nn' on the map?), and if it is under a pink
overlay it is harder still.

Is it really hard to put the panel off the map completely? Perhaps I'm
unusual in having a large screen, so I've got lots of blank space all round
the map. But everyone must have the left column empty.

If it is technically hard to put the panel off the map, can you make it
considerably smaller? It has lots of margin and space between elements, and
large headings at the moment.

Also, could you bring it up in the corner furthest from the point you
clicked on to bring it up? Actually if the panel were small enough (less
than about 35% of the map area in both directions) this would probably solve
most of the problems.

(Different issue: can you do a focus on the name box when it pops up?)

David