[Talk-GB] Fwd: London Cycle Network wiki project

Thomas Wood grand.edgemaster at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 19:54:22 BST 2007

Fw: list

On 10/14/07, Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net> wrote:
> Hello Londoners,
>
> I've started a wiki page to try and keep track of the London Cycle Network:
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_United_Kingdom_London_Cycle_Network
>
> I find it quite difficult to map compared to the Sustrans routes, with routes
> doubling back on themselves, going into little loops, having some bits
> numbered with others just signed for cyclists, and no idea of where they
> start & end.

Fully agree. I particularly like the sections in Sutton that are
signed as a London Route, but they've neglected to put the route
number on the sign - there's a white patch for them to be placed in.

> But hey, sometimes going a few km down a road beats spending three hours
> walking around the endless paths winding around housing estates in Peckham
> and Camberwell:-)
>
> It would be great if others would pop up their progress and share tips.

I've just about worked out the intricacies of route 75 and 24 where
they cross in Carshalton, and also just discovered route 29 in Sutton
(which I've not seen on the London cycle maps).

> Kind regards,
> Tom
>
> --
> | Green Party Speaker on Intellectual Property and Free Software |
> | http://tom.acrewoods.net    ::    http://www.greenparty.org.uk |

Added all this to the wiki page.

--
Regards,