[Talk-GB] Tagging building/terrace names that look like road names.

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 16 17:47:39 BST 2007

Hi
Durham seems to have a lot of road signs on houses/walls. The road actually
has a name of it's own, though if you were half way down it you could easily
be mistaken for thinking the name on the house was the road name (same sort
of metal sign, standard letters, and city sheild).
Is anyone tagging anything like this? I feel it should not be left out.
But if I tag the part of the road it would be silly as it may be only 4
houses long. So then again, I don't want to exactly map every building, we
all know that would take longer than any one wants.

On another note, I have some existing mapped roads with double names. (see
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=54.77099615903269&lon=-1.571026812970334&zoom=17&layers=B0Fthen
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=54.77136749034824&lon=-1.5701792351052082&zoom=17&layers=0BF
)
And they have the tag note="FIXME previously tagged segment" (automatic from
0.5 upgrade?).
So I sort of seen what's going on here, but how do I remove the duplication
nonsense in JOSM? Bearing in mind I didn't know how to edit a segment under
a way before, this question was bound to come up sometime.

--
Gregory
nomoregrapes at gmail.com
http://www.livingwithdragons.com