[Talk-GB] [OSM-talk] dangerous cycling lanes (was Re: A new highwaytagging scheme - thinking about)

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Sun Sep 9 16:33:34 BST 2007

On 29 Aug 2007, at 12:55, Andy Allan wrote:

> On 8/29/07, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
>> How do you (or anyone else) think I should tag the National Byway?
>> (http://www.nationalbyway.org)
>>
>> If it could be drawn in brown on the OSM Cycle Map that would be even
>> better. :)
>
> I'll do that as soon as there's data to be rendered, just let me know
> when and what tags, and I'll choose the shade of brown!

Ok, I've added a few miles of the National Byway. Thus far I've
tagged it as ncn_ref=National Byway - on the basis it's a national
cycle network, albeit not the National Cycle Network.

A very small part of the National Byway Oakham Loop was already
tagged as "route=Oakham Loop", so that part is now "ncn_ref=National
Byway" and "route=Oakham Loop".

Still open to any alternative suggestions for tagging!

cheers
Richard