[Talk-GB] Conflicting tagging of london undergound stations

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Thu Sep 20 19:03:08 BST 2007

Abigail Brady wrote:

> What you are suggesting would lose the subtlety of the distinctions,
> especially between subway in an uncovered cutting - which will be
> visible from roads - and subway in an actual tunnel.  Now do you understand?

I'm assuming that the vast majority of railway=subway in the world is
below ground, and therefore that requiring an additional tunnel=yes tag
on 90% or more of the subway ways, is not as good as treating the
below-ground portions as a lower layer (whether it's -1 or -2 or -10000
is beside the point)

-Alex Mauer "hawke"