[Talk-GB] Piste Maps

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 15:46:06 BST 2007

I've made a couple of false starts on piste maps.  I have an interest in
this but I'm not actively "leading" the project as I have far too many other
things that I'm also not doing.

Now would be a good time to get some fresh consensus on tagging as we
approach the European ski season.

Most maps are produced by the lift system operators and are copyrighted.
They are not exactly very accurate anyway and in some cases you can't even
tell which way is up (or down).

Riding straight down the leftmost and rightmost limit of each piste with a
GPS strapped to your arm is by far the most enjoyable way of gathering data
;)

80n