[Talk-GB] RFC:Piste Maps

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Tue Sep 25 15:36:49 BST 2007

Thom Shannon wrote:
> There's a few things in the wiki about making piste maps, but the
> details seem to conflict on how things should be tagged etc. Does anyone
> know who's leading this project and what's going on with it?
>
> It would be good to try and get hold of some licence free maps to trace,
> it would surely be in the resort operators interest. Don't european
> countries have some more relaxed licensing on their map data?

It appears to have initially been written by 80n.  I worked with
somebody else (Studerap?) not long ago on a fairly extensive cleanup.  I
don't think anybody's really 'leading' the project though.

I think it may be ready for an RFC, as a mattor of fact.

So with that, please take a look at and comment on
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Proposed_features/Piste_Maps

-Alex Mauer "hawke"