[Talk-GB] mapping tunnels

Barnett, Phillip Phillip.Barnett at itn.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 13:15:46 BST 2007

There's a few road tunnels in the North Wales area (Conwy) which I've
just put as simple straight lines between entrance and exit, even though
they obviously curve, because I can't accurately survey them.

In this case, I'd say topology beats geographic accuracy.

After all, nobody is likely to use OSM for excavation purposes, or to go
off-road hiking in a tunnel...

PHILLIP BARNETT
SERVER MANAGER

200 GRAY'S INN ROAD
LONDON
WC1X 8XZ
UNITED KINGDOM
T +44 (0)20 7430 4474
E PHILLIP.BARNETT at ITN.CO.UK
WWW.ITN.CO.UK

P  Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?