[Talk-GB] UK outdoors mapping event - week of June 23rd

Andy Robinson (blackadder) blackadderajr at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 1 12:20:48 BST 2008

Nick Whitelegg wrote:
>Sent: 01 April 2008 11:48 AM
>To: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org; talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: [Talk-GB] UK outdoors mapping event - week of June 23rd
>
>Hello everyone,
>
>(cross posted to talk in case anyone from abroad fancies a holiday over
>here....)
>
>Following on from last year's successful Lake District mapping week I'd
>like to float the idea of a follow up this year - I now have a definite
>week in the early summer when I know I'll be free namely the week
>beginning June 23rd.

The weekend of the 21/22 June could work for me but not the following
weekend. However the 21/22 is the weekend after the London to Brighton ride
so I may not be wish to tromp up the hills.

>One idea would be to do the Lake District again, but further west  (e.g.
>Great Gable, Pillar, Buttermere, High Stile, Scafell Pike, Wasdale,
>Borrowdale) an area which is still decidedly lacking in OSM; if we can
>complete that area, a good part of the Lake District would be done.
>
>Other ideas would be the Peak District, Snowdonia or the Fort William and
>Glencoe area of the Scottish Highlands.

I'm thinking about setting up a Snowdonia weekend, so anyone interested in
that should get in touch with me. I'll make sure it doesn't conflict with
any Lakes weekend. I was thinking of a long weekend starting 19 July and the
plan would be to camp.

Cheers

Andy