[Talk-GB] reprojected NPE

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Apr 10 09:02:06 BST 2008

Hi,

> Yep, standard Google-like spherical Mercator tiles. They're at
> http://richard.dev.openstreetmap.org/npe/z/x/y.jpg
>
> where 'z' is 14 only at the moment, and x and y are Wales! (But growing.)
>
> Is there some way in which JOSM can display these tiles?

Not really. JOSM has the "slippymap" plugin which can be configured to
use any tile source (the dropdown has a limited list but you can edit
the slippymap.tile_url preference directly), but that plugin is limited
to zoom level 12 at the moment. I had made provisions to support any
zoom level initially, but then gave up because the UI became too
difficult (what with selecting the appropriate zoom level for your
current view and all that).

The slippymap plugin was mainly intended for working with tiles at home, it
supports retrieval of status information for individual tiles from the
t at h server and you can also enqueue tiles for update. But supporting
other zoom levels would be a great thing, also for the coastline and
maplint debug tiles.

If anyone with Java skills wants to have a go at it... ;-)

Bye
Frederik