[Talk-GB] Summer 2008 London Mapping Marathon

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Fri Apr 18 23:39:52 BST 2008

Hi,

In my move to London, I've come to realise how large and unmapped the
city is (apart from being Yahoo traced).

I'm going to be organising a series of mini mapping parties
fortnightly on a Wednesday evening. The first one will be in just over
a week, on Wednesday 30th April 2008, meeting at Stockwell Tube
Station, between 17:30 and 18:30. I will have a series of zoom 17 maps
printed out of the surrounding area printed out. I'm looking at
getting, not just streets named, but points of interest added to OSM.
It is very useful to know where the nearest post box, post office,
bike shop, toucan crossing, or more importantly bicycle parking, and
station platforms.

More information is available from
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/London/Summer_2008_Mapping_Party_Marathon

Shaun