[Talk-GB] When is a B road still a B road?

Andy Robinson (blackadder) blackadderajr at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 29 09:28:11 BST 2008

I'm sure others will have come across this issue. In Birmingham, many of the
roads that appear as secondary in the out of copyright mapping (NPE/1:25000
scales specifically) no longer appear on the ground. The road signs no
longer favour the number but instead favour the named direction of the
route. I suspect these roads are still secondary as far as the local
authority internal referencing is concerned. But since the B numbers are no
longer present on the signs should we continue to add them to the db, or is
it justifiable to assume the designation exists from the out of copyright
mapping alone?

Anyone with similar observations?

Cheers

Andy