[Talk-GB] Request for UK address lists for postcode extraction

Brian Quinion openstreetmap at brian.quinion.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 16:27:31 GMT 2008

Andy Robinson wrote:
> I'd noted that too. Business directory listings (Yell, Thomson etc) or house
> price finders which are using copyright Land Registry data in the
> background.
>
> One source I am exploring is planning application listings produced by the
> local authority. Which is I think were you had headed?

It's one of the options I hope to look at but my main idea was to get
a tool that could do the extraction working and make it available to
anyone who wants to provide data.  Anyone with a mailing list or
address book is a potential data source - I just hope to make it easy
for them to submit it.

I just need some test data that I didn't write to make sure I'm not
making silly assumptions! :-)

--
 Brian