[Talk-GB] Bounty to get Lincoln mapped

Tom Higgy higgy-lists at bandnet.org
Tue Dec 2 21:32:05 GMT 2008

Ed Loach wrote:
>> Please let me know if you're interested or pass this on to
>> anyone who
>> might be.
>
> Central Lincoln looks quite well mapped. Have you checked the
> history of any of the information there and tried contacting those
> mappers directly?

Nope. Might try that... Had hoped most people would be registered on here.

I picked a few routes and there were a few mappers
> involved, but OJW cropped up a bit and it is he who made the notes
> on the Lincoln wiki page:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lincoln

Found this also and didn't hold much hope when I saw the emptiness of
the page. Have added a note about the bounty anyway.

> I note the University of Lincoln straddling the railway line as
> well. Do they have a geography department where students could be
> contacted and persuaded to contribute?

Might be worth a try...

> I'd love to help and noticed the above when seeing if any Yahoo
> imagery was available that I could help trace as a starting point,
> but you have to zoom out to where the detail is a bit rubbish.

Yep, I checked that.

All helps, cheers!

It's mainly from the centre towards Greetwell I need completing. A few
bits to the north also for good measure. Might offer £40 for completing
those bits by mid-Jan.

Perhaps we could add a wiki page for bounties?