[Talk-GB] Saddleworth

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Sat Dec 6 11:10:13 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 05:13:23PM +0000, Kærast wrote:
> I've been looking at Saddleworth where I used to live
> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.5499&lon=-1.9963&zoom=13)
> […]
> It's too cold for me to be going out there doing mapping at the moment,
> so is it worth me mapping it from a combination of NPE and memory given
> the existing roads aren't aligned with NPE?

I wouldn’t align roads that have traces for the reasons Richard gave.  Are
they just offset, or is it a more complex mis‐alignment?

> Or should I just leave it > until somebody considers it warm enough to
> visit?

I’m near Saddleworth occasionally, normally visiting family.  Depending
on availability and non‐laziness I plan to fill in around Denshaw,
Delph, Shaw, Moorside.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall