[Talk-GB] Yet another rail network map

Steve Chilton S.L.Chilton at mdx.ac.uk
Thu Dec 18 12:34:57 GMT 2008

For the record, at the moment the mapnik layer does not render
railway=dismantled.
It does render railway=abandoned or =disused but ONLY if there is NO
associated highway tag.
Thus abandoned railway turned into a cycleway will show as the latter,
but will show as abandoned railway where it is not, eg:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.8927&lon=-0.5832&zoom=13&layers=B00
0FTF
In my view it is useful to also tag stuff as railway=abandoned ion that
way.

Cheers
STEVE

Steve Chilton, Learning Support Fellow
Manager of e-Learning Academic Development
Centre for Educational Technology
Middlesex University
phone/fax: 020 8411 5355
email: steve8 at mdx.ac.uk