[Talk-GB] Announcement: Hull completed

Chris Hill chillly809 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Dec 24 10:57:31 GMT 2008

I would like to announce that the fine city of Kingston Upon Hull (Hull
to its friends and 'Ull to its locals) has all its public roads and many
of its amenities completed.  Almost all of the city was mapped by Jean
and me by driving or walking around it.  We have taken about 10,000
photos (my camera rolled its number over about a month ago) and visited
every single public road in the city.  We've added schools, cemeteries,
pubs, allotments, parks and some shops all by visiting them with a GPS
and camera - the Y! images are only lo-res and have been useful only for
large scale stuff like some railways, waterways and the docks.

We have seen the city in a new light - some of it is run down, but much
of it is doing very nicely. I have enjoyed the experience greatly
(though some housing estates have been a bore) and now I look forward to
helping complete the East Riding of Yorkshire next year.

The latest map is:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.7673&lon=-0.3378&zoom=13&layers=0B00FTF
<http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.7673&lon=-0.3378&zoom=13&layers=0B00FTF>

Our blog of the experience is: