[Talk-GB] 1st Birmingham Mico Mapping Event - Inside the Ringroad

Christopher Woods christof at infinitus.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 19:46:29 GMT 2008

> Ah, I've done there!
>
> As you're so close, and in an area I've surveyed, would you
> mind checking I've got everything right? I know there's one
> or two roads that look joined when rendered but have a load
> of bollards at the junction.
> Just needs moving slightly, I guess.
>
> I guess we're going to have to fight over who gets the
> Persimmon development mapped first!

Doubt you'll have much of a fight on your hands. ;) My competitiveness to
exit the relatively safe confines of my house usually depends on whether
it's warm weather or not :P

Good to meet you today mate! And likewise, Andy and Alex. I'm gonna have a
tinker with JOSM in a little while, right after I fix my phone (updating it
to WinMo6... Because well, I can. Needs fixing anyway.)

The other PDA didn't run out of battery either! I left it sitting on the
table for an hour after I got back, with the bluetooth still on - had about
23% battery left. Think I'll use it permanently from now on, it's pretty
rock solid. (the 25 minutes using my other phone as a bluetooth modem ran it
down to 20% battery though! Haha)

Thanks also guys for your top tips on JOSM, I feel confident enough to
actually UPload the edits I make now! :)