[Talk-GB] Greetings and hello GARMIN users - OpenMapSourceanyone ?

Stephen Wing swinguk at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 20 16:37:10 GMT 2008

On 20/02/2008, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:

> Excellent. So you should find that everything you need is already
> here: map data editors like JOSM and Potlatch, conversion to Garmin
> format using Mkgmap, and, of course, an open database with millions of
> roads, paths and points of interest.

A group of  us are working on a pre-packaged option for Garmin users, which
may suit some users better than downloading large files and installing a
range of applications to achieve this.  We plan to offer pre-built Garmin
map files for the UK.  After several weeks of work, we've now got the
conversion of OSM map data into Garmin map files working. We're still fine
tuning the details, but you can now follow our progress here

http://www.mapomatic.net/

We'll be asking for Beta Testers in the very near future, so keep an eye on
the site for regular updates.

Steve