[Talk-GB] Are we all terrorists?

Mike Paley GPS at pmailkeey.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 22:48:46 GMT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Higgy" <higgy-lists at bandnet.org>

I got stop-searched today at B'ham New Street station, something related
to counter-terrorism. On the little pink slip they gave me under
'object(s) of search' it says 'articles of terrorism.' I did mention I
carried a GPS for making maps, apparently that wasn't an issue.

I'm officially based in Brum. No probs there but I was stopped at VCS,
London 10 mins before my coach was due to leave - which was about to move
off when I got to it. I got the third degree under the terrorism act...

...to see if it was my own bike !

I wasn't asked about my GPS receiver (to keep on topic ;) )

If map-making's a terrorist activity, OS is in deep manure then. (20ft?)

Mike.