[Talk-GB] South East London Mapping Party 26th Jan 2008

Jonathan Bennett openstreetmap at jonno.cix.co.uk
Wed Jan 16 19:44:00 GMT 2008

Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> Might try and make it, assuming not too many commitments. What's that area
> of London like?

A land of contrasts. When I lived on Lee Road
(http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.46044&lon=0.01179&zoom=16&layers=B0FT)
our side of the road was Greenwich borough (dontcha know) while the
other was Lewisham. Lee Road is a leafy lane comprised of expensive
flats for well-to-do commuters, while a hundred yards down the road is
Lee Green where the A20 thunders past pubs full of South London's finest.

So expect to go from people thinking you're about to rob them, to you
thinking people are going to rob you...