[Talk-GB] GPS handheld prices dropping considerably

Mike Paley GPS at pmailkeey.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 5 21:10:11 BST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)" <ajrlists at googlemail.com>
To: "'Talk GB'" <talk-gb at openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2008 9:06 AM
Subject: [Talk-GB] GPS handheld prices dropping considerably

I've noted a significant downward trend in the price of Garmin eTrex units
over the last couple of months. For instance, you can now pick up a Garmin
eTrex Legend HCx, which has the newer high sensitivity receiver and can
display OSM mapping (using mkgmap) for £140 including a 2GB micro SD card.

I tried Garmin re an Open Mapsource before coming here and they didn't seem
interested. Now it seems they're going the 'other way' !

I _MUST_ make a note to myself to have a serious look at OSM the next time
I'm near a broadband connection!

Mike.