[Talk-GB] North Wales Mapping

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Sun Jun 15 16:05:25 BST 2008

Hi

I've had a request for information from someone on an alternative
mailing list about setting up a mapping party. It sounds like they've
never done any actual mapping but think it's a good idea in general.
They wanted an event to keep scouts, guides and air cadets busy. They
seem to have all the resources they need (venue, computers,
refreshments) they're just lacking in GPSes and mapping skills (and a
date).

They're in the Menai Bridge area so is there anyone around there that
would like to get involved with this? I'd be happy to help them
arrange it but I don't really know the area so I don't really know
what needs doing. From the map it looks like there's a good skeleton
but comparing it to multimap they're missing lots of detail.

Let me know if you're in the area and would like to be involved with
this.

John