[Talk-GB] LugRadio Live UK 2008
openstreetmap at jonno.cix.co.uk
Fri Jun 20 12:28:52 BST 2008
Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists) wrote:
> While we won't have access to the live db at the event
Do you have enough machines available that if a virtual machine image of
a working OSM stack got built, you could use that?
* Build VM image of OSM server
* Import latest planet.osm just before show.
* At show, build LAN with server and whatever client machines you can B/B/S
* Configure JOSM/Potlatch on client machines to point to that (or just
frig it in hosts).
* Take snapshot of working server
* Let visitors play to their hearts' content.
* Restore snapshot if things get really messy
I can't be there in person, so I could only help with the first bits of
More information about the Talk-GB