[Talk-GB] London to Brighton Bike Ride - registration

Andy Robinson (blackadder) blackadderajr at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 1 18:45:57 GMT 2008

Gregory Williams [mailto:gregory.williams at purplegeodesoftware.co.uk] wrote:
>Sent: 01 March 2008 8:24 AM
>To: Andy Robinson (blackadder); talk-gb at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: RE: [Talk-GB] London to Brighton Bike Ride - registration
>
>Excellent idea, thanks for that. The height profile they give out on the
>day is very approximate.
>
>Just wondering, did you use a specific bit of software for that, or
>simply extract the height values from the XML?

Gregory,

I converted the GPX file to a basic text format (the csv conversion in
gpsbabel didn't give me the elevation data), then loaded into a M$ Excel and
then custom built a graph that looked right.

I deleted a chunk of data off the front of the file which I assume was you
milling around the start.

Cheers

Andy