[Talk-GB] Hampshire progress and a possible summer mapping event

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Tue Mar 18 10:52:41 GMT 2008

Thanks to the upload of large numbers of old GPX traces, and attendant
editing, from a new OSM contributor, the rights of way of Hampshire seem
to be filling in really rather rapidly on OSM.  There seems to be a real
chance now that significant countryside mapping of Hampshire could be
completed relatively soon.

Thus I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a week long
countryside mapping event down here sometime this summer? It would be
quite an achievement to get large numbers of rights of way of a sizeable
English county done, particularly if we focus on those rights of way
actually used (i.e some footpath linking two A roads which can't be made
into part of a circular walk doesn't matter too much....)  Hopefully, via
Freemap, it would also sell OSM more to the walking crowd too....

Nick