[Talk-GB] Announce: mapping party in Sutton, SW London - 24/25 May

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Tue Mar 18 10:53:01 GMT 2008

Hello all,

We have mapped an awful lot of Sutton, but we want to complete the entire
Borough over a mapping weekend!

Sat 24th - Sunday 25th May

Add your name to the wiki if you're interested, I can provide crash space
if necessary:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WikiProject_Sutton_England/Mapping_party

OpenStreetMap's coverage of Sutton is being used for a groundbreaking
sustainability project - we already have our auditors using the maps to go
door-to-door to 3,000 homes in the Hackbridge suburb. They're correcting
and updating the maps as they go, so it's all being double checked which is
very cool. We'd like to use the maps for the whole Borough, both for these
visits and for all sorts of other analysis & presentation of our work.

So please come along and help complete the Borough.

Tata,
Tom