[Talk-GB] London Calling

Shaun McDonald shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Mon May 5 14:20:49 BST 2008

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for doing this rendering, it is a lot easier that
the other images that have shown the same thing. How often are you
likely to update this slippy map? It seems quite clear on the North
East edge where the satellite images end, as there is a solid line,
where the tracing just stops.

Areas that need work are the central south section from West Lewisham
- Greenwich - Vauxhall in the North to Morden - Croydon - Orpington
(Think of an upside down J).

There is quite a lot in the East between Woolwich and Dartford on the
South of the Thames. West Ham - Tottenham - Loughton - Chigwell -
Romford - Upminster, circle on the North of the Thames.

In the West around Hillingdon, Harrow, Wembley and Action.

Further afield Portsmouth and the surrounding area, Crawley, North of
Eastbourne and Ashford (I don't know how many) are in need of some TLC.

The mapping parties will start in the centre of London, and then move
out. If anyone has any preference in any of the areas to be done
earlier or later in the London Mapping Marathon, please let me know.

As someone who doesn't know the London area well (and is slowly
learning), the only improvement that I can find is to make the place
names easier to see as you can't see them in the places that need work.

Shaun