[Talk-GB] Cycling between capitals

Tom Chance tom at acrewoods.net
Mon May 19 13:14:59 BST 2008

<c4193f8c0805190243x28822305u3cd923955d9694bd at mail.gmail.com> <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAuAAAAAAAAAOKaD4mR3JBOrEpRon92nMgBANp/H2q5kHFIvKMsnZiQaZAAAAABxJAAABAAAAAGs4kvwHReR4jK9b7ZG8zqAQAAAAA=@googlemail.com>

On Mon, 19 May 2008 11:43:21 +0100, "Andy Robinson \(blackadder-lists\)"

<ajrlists at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I see the simplest way to achieve this is to make the "view" tab a portal

> that gives a one line description of "approved" links. A link would only

> be

> added to the portal if the community thinks it would be worthwhile. The

> cyclemap in my view fits the criteria, as does mapnik default and T at H

that

> we have now. Hosted and external links might get displayed separately,

but

> I don't have a strong feeling on that.

I like having an embedded map on the front page, but presumably there's no

need for the map to be so big? If there was some space above it, or if the

front page had its own layout without the squashed, small-text sidebar,

then you could include more of an introduction to OSM and links to

interesting uses like the cycle map, guide books, etc.

Kind regards,

Tom